Vsound 2 Impulse Response Pedal
Vsound is a revolutionary device that modifies the sound produced by an electric violin (or an acoustic violin fitted with a pickup), producing an output that matches the timbre and voice of a high quality acoustic violin. Vsound is complex piece of electronic engineering, but it is very simple indeed to operate. Simply plug the violin audio lead into vSound, plug the output from vSound into an amplifier or headphones, switch on and select a violin sound. Done.
Vsound comes with a range of other functions for optimal performance including a gain-selectable preamplifier, volume control, a 20-band graphic equalizer, a versatile arbitrary equalizer, and an adjustable blender. The blender, which combines the original with the processed signal, extends the scope of the system for use with acoustic instruments fitted with pickups on the bridge.
The unit can be controlled either from a computer using the software supplied, or directly from the footswitches on the top panel of the pedal. Vsound is supplied with pre-loaded violin impulse responses in its memory, and additional ones are supplied with the software.
You can also download your own responses, or contact us to provide you with new or modified responses. Here at EVL, we are really excited about vSound and we hope you get many hours of enjoyment using this system.
Using the hardware, you can advance instantly from one voice to the next simply by tapping the left footswitch. By tapping the right footswitch, the unit toggles between the raw sound (bypass) and the processed version, so you get an immediate impression of how the sound has changed.
You can also do this using the software. Connect the unit to the computer and open the “Select impulse response…” window. Choose from any violin voice by clicking one of the “Select” buttons.
Specifications - hardware
- Ten pre-loaded violin responses, including Stradivarius, Guarneri, Tononi and Catenari
- Rugged Stomp-box design
- Powerful DSP core with 24-bit audio resolution
- Large 2-digit 7-segment LED display
- Foot switches: violin select and bypass/toggle
- Switchable preamp: 0 dB or 14 dB
- 500 k ohm input impedance
- Output to amplifier or headphones
- Rotary volume control
- Standard quarter inch mono phono sockets
- 9V DC input, centre negative
- Micro USB socket
- Linear power adapter
- Dimensions (mm): L127 x W94 x H42
- Weight: 315 grams
Specifications – software (Windows)
- Seamless communication with hardware unit
- Download and control of impulse responses
- Gain adjustment and full digital gain
- Blender control (wet/dry balance)
- Graphics equalizer
- Arbitrary equalizer
- Full real-time control of unit and violin select
- Bypass and toggle modes
- Full setup retention on shutdown and startup
- Diagnostics and easy firmware upgrade installation
- Context sensitive help
- Download here
NEW STOCK SPECIAL: SAVE 10% using code VSOUND at Checkout!